Here is a list of common items for your new cat.
Food and water
Food and water bowls are a must (or your going to have a hungry cat) but make sure you have some good food to go with it.
- Food bowl - we recommend a ceramic bowl rather then a plastic one as bacteria can build up in scratches that appear in plastic
- Water bowl or fountain
Cats do not necessarily need their own bed, they will happily sleep anywhere warm with a comfy cushion.
Health, exercise and play
Toys for play & exercise
- Balls - Cats love chasing balls with bells in them.
- Feather Wand - Great for playtime with the owner and cat.
- Laser Pointers - Not a normal cat toy but nothing gets them running faster.
- Little Mouse Toys - Cats will hunt and have a lot of fun with these.
- Scratching post - Cats need these for stretching and to keep their claws down
- Cat Tree - This is not something you need but cats enjoy climbing and jumping all over these.
- Flea spot-on
- Deworming tablets, spot on or fluid
Whether you have a in or outdoor cat you'll need to make sure they have somewhere to do their business. If you have a outdoor cat make sure there is some soft soil area like a flower bed.
For a indoor cat you will need a kitty litter box, which come in close and open top, and kitty litter. There are several different types of litter and cats don't usually like to switch between them.
- Sand - Soft and easiest for burying for the cat and some brands can be flushed (check the bag).
- Granules - Harder small pieces, usually has parts to reduce smell.
- Wood - Small wood pieces, natural, cheap and can be easily recognised by cats that usually go outside.